Happy Chinese New Year~
Monday, February 19, 2007
So today is the 1st day, usual tradition of going and coming to each other house to bian nian...hongbaos still come, more and more...just getting thinner...thats all...
So my relatives(most) came to my house by late afternoon, we split into 4 groups...de 'majongs', 'tv', 'gambling desk', and 'room camper'(those who stay under de aircon to..rest?). So I gambled abit wif my grandma and 4 other cousins. 1st round, Blackjack. Didn't really felt like playing, but sis sponsered me $20 and ask me entertain my grandma, and so when we ended around 6:45pm, i had won like only $4. Not complaning yet...won at least.
Then around 7, we moved on to my godparents house, which was nearby, then we started 2nd round, a table for Big 2 and another for other type of games. We started with Blackjack again. Gave my sis $10 that she asked for, so I started my game with $14. started badly, and think lost abit when game ended...didn't count. Then next game started, what we call "In-Between". So basically for start of each round, everybody pool in money to be left in middle of table, then for each person turn 3 cards are drawn, 1st 2 to determine a range, if 3rd card is within range, we can take de amount we declared before 3rd card was shown. If card is outside range, we pool in that certain amount. If card is same as either of de 1st 2 cards, we hav to pool in double of what is de total pooled money. We went as high as $30+, where our minimum-to-be-pooled-each-person is $0.20! Scary. So after de game, I had around total of $28(notes, not coins). 2 times I escaped with luck. 1st time : range was 4-6, to win was to get a 5, and I did, but I could only take $0.40(I wanted to add money to pool). 2nd time : range 2-J. Everybody asked me to 'showhand', where if I win I get de table money. But I reject. The next card to open was an ace! Lucky(there was quite some amount in de middle, and I nearly had to add that amount in)!
So around 8+ we started eating then jus talk to each other like that...when everybody left, we played a little more of another game, then came home 1am+...lala~~
Day 1: $136
JeeOnn left after 1:06 am